The Friedrich-Ebert-Foundation (FES) is Germany’s largest and oldest political foundation, with more than 100 offices worldwide. We are dedicated to the promotion of international dialogue and social justice in Afghanistan. Our aim is to strengthen democratic institutions and civil society to help building a sustainable Afghan democracy. And to do this successfully – we need you!
The “Young Leaders Forum” (YLF) was initiated in 2004, only two years after Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Afghanistan had opened its doors. Since then we have trained more than 300 outstanding Afghan next generation leaders from all walks of life - many of them have since used the skills and values promoted in the program to empower communities, shape the image of Afghanistan in the world and create a better future for everyone. We strive to empower young people taking responsibility in civil society and encourage civil engagement through capacity building, conferences and dialogue platforms for Afghanistan's future leaders!
Then become a member of Afghanistan’s most distinguished Young Leaders Network! The Friedrich-Ebert-Foundation is looking for the next generation of young Afghan leaders and you should certainly be one of them!
Our ideal applicant should
· be an Afghan citizen between 20 and 30 years old
· be enrolled in the second year of university or higher with at least one year of professional work experience
· have a strong record of social activism (volunteer work, media, arts)
· be fluent both in English and in Dari/Pashto
· have a high interest in and knowledge about political developments in and around Afghanistan
· be respectful, open and tolerant toward people of various backgrounds
The rest is easy - please fill out the online application (https://forms.gle/y7YGyzgdnRS2KwZ38) and send us the supporting documents (CV, Scanned copy of national ID (Tazkira/Passport), and your essays per Email to ylf(at)fes-kabul.org until January 21st 2020, 23:59:59 Kabul-Afghanistan time.
Only completed applications will be accepted. Candidates from the provinces and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply as a significant share of the 25 to 30 seats will be allocated to them.